Dermal fillers and facial augmentation are cosmetic procedures meant to emphasize and transform your face. Dermal fillers provide a non-invasive solution for small lips or hollow cheeks. The procedure adds volume to the desired area and is very simple, taking about fifteen to thirty minutes. The Wolin Plastic Surgery Center offers different types of fillers and combinations to match your price range and goals. We also understand that the successful use of dermal fillers is not only a function of the quality of the science but also of the “art” of a discerning eye, filler application, and vigilant follow-up.
Are you self-conscious about your forehead lines, crow’s feet, or sunken cheeks? Dermal fillers and facial augmentation help to smooth lines and return any lost volume to the face. Dr. Andrew Wolin MD is well-known in his field and works with his patients to help them achieve the look they have always desired.
As a double board-certified surgeon from the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology (head and neck surgery), Dr. Wolin stays abreast of the latest dermal filler techniques. A trailblazer at making procedures safe, simple, and practical, Dr. Wolin makes frequent appearances on local television to discuss plastic surgery’s latest innovations.
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 Types of Fillers
- 3 Candidates
- 4 What to Expect During Your Consultation
- 5 Preparing for the Procedure
- 6 The Procedure Steps
- 7 Benefits of Lip Fillers and Facial Augmentation
- 8 Recovery
- 9 Complementary Procedures
- 10 Pricing of Dermal Fillers & Facial Augmentation in Scottsdale, Arizona
- 11 FAQ
- 12 References
Before and After Photos
Types of Fillers
- Juvederm is an injectable that comes in gel form. Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid-based (HA) filler. HA is naturally found within the body and is responsible for hydrating and smoothing the skin.
Juvederm is a natural filler that is more commonly used in the lips but can also be applied in the cheeks or any area on the face that is shallow.
The procedure takes fifteen to thirty minutes, with immediately visible results lasting six to nine months.
- Revance is a new HA filler to US markets. It is produced in multiple molecular forms and has amazing spring like deforming and reforming properties. This allows it to blend into the facial motion lines of the patient and move with the patients’s facial movement. It was developed greater than 10 years ago in Europe and has proven to be a great tool in the battle against facial aging.
For those that want another option, Dr. Wolin offers microfat injections. Dr. Wolin conducts these procedures under local anesthesia, and they prove effective for long-term improvement. Treatments harvest a small amount of your own fat from your tummy or thigh, purify it, then inject it into the areas of deflation. Because it’s your own body fat, your body won’t reject it. Due to the location of the harvested tissue, this fat is less susceptible to the effects of aging.
Recent reports show microfat transfers result in a high degree of patient satisfaction with few complications. The consensus from medical professionals states these are effective, safe, and promising procedures.
Dermal fillers & facial augmentation are an excellent option for people who are tired of deep lines, wrinkles, or less volumized areas on their face. Fillers can be used for all ages and are for both men and women. Dr. Wolin can help to revitalize and create a more rested look on your face. Somebody who should get dermal fillers & facial augmentation is someone with:
- Thin lips
- Shapeless lips
- Deep lines on the face
- Wrinkles around the eyes, mouth, or the brow
- Insecure feelings about their face
- Who wants to prevent further wrinkles or lines from developing
- Hollow cheeks
Dermal fillers & facial augmentation can help boost your confidence and take years off your face.
What to Expect During Your Consultation
During your consultation with Dr. Wolin, he will ask about your general health. It is important that he is aware of your medical history to determine if you are in a good physical state to undergo these procedures. You will need to disclose your current prescriptions as they may need to stop or be altered to ensure a healthy experience.
After Dr. Wolin has assessed your health, he will decide if you are ready for the procedure. Next, he will examine your face and take measurements and photos to ensure that he understands exactly what your goal is.
It is important that you voice all questions and concerns during this consultation. Bringing a list of questions and anything you are worried about is a great idea. This consultation aims to discuss your expectations, make sure that you are healthy for the procedure, and ensure you are feeling prepared for the results.
Preparing for the Procedure
Fillers range from non-to-minimally invasive and take only a short period of time to be administered. Therefore, preparation is minimal. If you are looking to impress for a specific event, you should come into the Wolin Plastic Surgery Center for your consultation at least a month before. This will allow you to have plenty of time to plan your procedure and recovery period without being stressed.
Four weeks prior to the procedure, you will need to stop smoking and taking any medications that can thin the blood. Pills like Apixaban, Dabigatran, etc., can make bleeding and bruising more likely.
The Procedure Steps
- Facial assessment and marking – Dr. Wolin will carefully assess your features based on the information from your consultation and select the best locations for injections.
- Cleaning and anesthesia – After cleaning your face with powerful antibacterial soap, local anesthesia will be applied to your treatment areas
- Injecting the filler – The injections themselves take only a moment. Dr. Wolin will then analyze the result and, if needed, make additional injections.
- Clean-up and aftercare – The markings will be cleaned off, and aftercare instructions and supplements will be provided, if necessary.
Benefits of Lip Fillers and Facial Augmentation
Dermal fillers & facial augmentation are excellent ways to boost your confidence and regain a youthful appearance. Results vary depending on procedure type and the location on your face injections are being administered but can last six months to a couple of years.
The procedure is quick, convenient and should not interfere with an active schedule. Some swelling and minor bruising can be expected. Patients may experience minor discomfort as the treated area will be sensitive for a few days.
Clinical studies find a high degree of patient satisfaction with dermal fillers. On average, the vast majority of patients reported being satisfied and highly satisfied with their outcomes.
Dr. Wolin’s patients consistently give him rave reviews, which is a testament to his dedication.
Botox and Juveau Neuromodulators
Botox and Juveau are
is the newest revolutionary injectable Neuromodulators neuromodulator relaxes the facial muscles, creating a tighter, more youthful appearance. Botox and dermal fillers are different techniques, but they play great together. If you are looking to revitalize your face, you don’t have to choose one or the other. Ask Dr. Wolin about combining the two treatments.
A facelift is a surgical procedure that reduces wrinkles, lines, and sagging skin by removing unnecessary tissue by tightening the underlying muscle and gently redraping the overlying skin.
Pricing of Dermal Fillers & Facial Augmentation in Scottsdale, Arizona
Depending on the specific treatment plan for your goals, pricing will vary. During your consultation, ask Dr. Wolin about the cost, and he will work through the prices with you.
We look forward to unveiling your new self to the world.
Dermal fillers & facial augmentation are injectable cosmetic procedures meant to emphasize and transform your face by adding volume to the desired area.
Juvederm is a brand of hyaluronic acid-based filler. Hyaluronic acid is naturally found within the body and is responsible for hydrating and smoothing the skin.
Microfat injections are an alternative to hyaluronic acid-based fillers that utilize a patient’s own fat taken from their body, purifies it, then re-injects it back into areas of the body that are lacking in volume.
Patients may experience minor discomfort during their procedure, but local anesthetic minimizes any discomfort. Discuss any concerns with Dr. Wolin, and he can help adjust the procedure to your concerns.
Yes, you can. But you probably shouldn’t. While smoking doesn’t directly affect your filler treatment, it’s still very bad for your overall health, and it dries and ages the skin. This works against the goals of filler treatment.
Depending on the filler, the standard duration is usually six months to two years. Patients can extend the benefits through follow-up sessions.
- Carruthers J, Cohen SR, Joseph JH, Narins RS, Rubin M. The science and art of dermal fillers for soft-tissue augmentation. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology: JDD. 2009 Apr;8(4):335-350.
- Lin, Z., Yang, K., Li, G., Wei, S., & Liu, Y. (2020). Efficacy and Safety of Subcutaneous Temporal Autologous Micro-fat Augmentation. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. doi:10.1007/s00266-020-01741-y
- Mess, S. A. (2017). Lower Face Rejuvenation with Injections. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Global Open, 5(11). doi:10.1097/gox.0000000000001551